Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Calling the Show Cover Art

Cover Art by April Martinez

Oh, it's beautiful. A thousand thanks to April Martinez for this cover. Lookit my dramatically lit boys!

As July 17 nears, I look forward to sharing some of the fun stuff that was part of the Calling the Show creation/research process. Namely, some awesome hula hoop videos. The next couple of weeks will be a little crazy. I'm in a production of 12th Night this week (coincidentally, the play Aiden's in in By His Rules. Author-character bonding moment.) and next week am taking a trip out west to Arizona and California--maybe even down to Mexico. I'm very excited because I haven't seen much of the west, and I have a WIP set in the desert. Researchcation time! But I will update as time permits. For now, let's just all stare at the boys on this cover. There's no shame in a little drool. It's human.

7 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty! You've got a redhead AND a guy in glasses? Sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE HULA HOOPING THEATER NERDERY.

    Sorry, but that totally deserved capslock. Yummmmmm on the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jay - Right?? They just went up on my wall today and I sighed the whole time I was vacuuming.

    Katey - Oh the nerdery! I was just giving it a last read through today and my god. So theater-nerdy. Also they watch Waiting for Guffman. Of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fantastic!

    And a hot guy in glasses...yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lisa!

    My first boy with glasses...I love him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A penny for youuuuur thoughts, a dime for youuuuuur dreams!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would a shiny new quarter buy a peek at your schemes...

      Delete