Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Pardon My Radio Silence While I Flee the Country

I wasn't kidding when I said I wanted to get out of Alabama. Far, far away from Alabama. No offense to anyone reading this who's from Alabama. Your state has some beautiful hiking trails. Your love of football, however, is a little overwhelming.

Anyway, my post-graduating plans seem to involve a lot of not being in America. In three days I'm leaving for Chile, where I'll be staying for just over a month. I'm told Valparaiso is "the San Francisco of South America." I hope that means lots of leather clubs and frotting. I'll come back for a little bit to take care of some bridesmaiding and Authors After Darking (anyone else going? So excited!) And then in September I fulfill a long time dream when I go to...

wait for it...

NEW ZEALAND.

Where I'm going to try my hand at farming. Shouldn't be too hard, right? Me, some goats, some vegetables, some tractors. What could possibly go wrong?

But I'll still be writing everywhere I go, and once I get settled in Chile, you'll start hearing more about The Brat-tastic Jayk Parker, which is now less than a month away (June 4)! There's gonna some happenings this month on this blog, including BTJP excerpts, a special wedding edition of Allen Ginspurr's Meowdern Love advice column, the awesome Hop Against Homophobia and Transphobia (May 17-27), and the possible return of my mother. To this blog, I mean. She didn't leave in real life or anything.

Plus, in a couple of weeks, you can start following the Big Gay Wedding Tour, starring the LI m/m authors who have wedding books coming out in June.

Stay tuned. I have to go find my passport. Because honestly, I am not 100% sure where it is.

2 comments: